WALES YFC – KEEPING YOU UPDATED
Re-opening YFC clubs in Wales, in line with guidance issued by the Welsh Government.
The law requires Welsh Ministers to review Coronavirus regulations every three weeks. At the last review we saw the tightening of restrictions here in Wales.
We ask that all clubs and federations follow official guidance as the safety of everyone involved in the YFC, both young people and volunteers, is our number one priority. This has always been at the heart of our decision making.
The latest guidance notes the following points relevant to YFC clubs across Wales. (Updated 14th September, 2020)
- Gatherings of up to 30 people are now permitted outdoors. You should continue to maintain physical and social distancing from people outside your household, or extended household if you have formed one.
- No more than six people from an extended household can meet indoors at the present time.
- It is now compulsory to wear facemasks in shops and within indoor public spaces if you are over the age of 11.
- Local lockdowns are now also in place.
- YFC clubs can now begin to start the process of engaging virtually with members, officers, leaders and parents to consider how getting back together safely looks for your club, based on guidance provided by the Welsh Government, Youth Work Services guidance.
- If your YFC club decides to meet outside, you will need to complete a risk assessment in advance. Support is available from Wales YFC in putting together a suitable risk assessment.
- Clubs looking to hold AGM’s are requested to do so virtually, to ensure that all members are able to take an active role in their clubs democracy.
Further guidance in relation to hosting a virtual AGM and putting plans in place to reopen clubs can be found under NFYFC guidance in the ‘Useful documents’ section.
Youth Work Services Guidance
Community Centre Guidance
Unlocking our Society
The next Welsh Government review will take place on the 2nd October and a further update will be issued to YFC clubs and federations following that review.
Local lockdowns are now in operation in Wales. Further details are available from your county office or Wales YFC.
For the latest advice and guidance on Coronavirus, please visit the websites listed below;